Our March program is tuneful and full of recognizable melodies. Offerings include Glinka’s Overture to Ruslan and Ludmilla and Bizet’s Suite No. 1 from Carmen – which contains some of his best-known melodies. Also on the program, the first RSO performance of Bruch’s Ave Maria, featuring cellist Mark Kosmala, Bilik’s American Civil War Fantasy – full of familiar American folk songs, Mussorgsky’s Night on Bald Mountain – heard in Disney’s Fantasia, and Brahms’ great Academic Festival Overture.
- Glinka-Ruslan and Ludmilla Overture
- Bruch-Ave Maria, featuring Mark Kosmala, cello
- Bizet-Carmen Suite No. 1
- Mussorgsky-Night On Bald Mountain
- Bilik-American Civil War Fantasy
- Brahms-Academic Festival Overture